Janna Akins – Owner, Director
Janna has an extensive background in the healing arts and holds a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Iridology, and Homeopathy. A native to West Texas, the southwest influence is prominent in her life. Janna began her study of natural remedies and herbs as a young child with her grandmother and spent two years in Florida studying Native American herbs. When she moved to Kansas, she was adopted into a Pottawattamie family with a Native American medicine woman as her new sister.
She is a Reiki Master and a Master Herbologist. Janna has more than 1,000 hours of training and has traveled throughout much of the United States to continue her education in the healing arts. Her other credentials include certification in La Stone Massage, Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Massage, Thai Massage, Swedish Massage, Bach Flower Essence, Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Temple Massage, and Fijian Barefoot Massage.
Janna believes it takes a special kind of person to make a successful career of massage therapy. “It has to be in your heart to want to help others. If you have that, then you can be a wonderful therapist because the caring will come right through your hands,” she says. As a massage therapist for over a decade, her dedication to her work and continuing education bring a wealth of knowledge to her students.
- Reiki Master – West Palm Beach, FL
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage – Maui, HI
- Doctor of Iridology – Holistic Medical College of Wisconsin
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Holistic Medical College of Wisconsin
- Doctor of Homeopathy – Holistic Medical College of Wisconsin
- Swedish Massage 500 hour Program – Paragon Natural Health Center
- La Stone Massage – La Stone Therapy Inc. Colorado
- Fijian Barefoot Massage – Lolita Knight
- Sports Massage – Sports Massage Training Institute
- Bach Flower Essence – Ellon USA, Inc.
- Thai Massage – Nuat Thai Center Houston, TX
- Certified Hypnotist– National Guild of Hypnotist
- Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy – Denver, CO
- Master Herbologist – Clayton School of Natural Healing
Jennifer Gillispie – Owner, Administrator
Jennifer was born and raised in Wichita, KS. Her first massage at the age of 18 was with Janna and since then she has begun her path in the healing arts. Her passion and love of this kind of work is evident in her teaching and massage work.
Jennifer earned her science degree from Kansas State University and had taken 600 hours of training from the Milwaukee School of Massage. She was part of the cadaver team at KSU and assisted in teaching the human body to undergraduates. Her background in the sciences, specifically human anatomy, as well as the healing arts give her insight into the knowledge therapists need to know for their anatomy and physiology in this field.
She has been a practicing massage therapist for more than 15 years and has earned additional certifications in Hot Stone Massage, Reiki I and II, Structural Integration, Deep Tissue Massage, Chair Massage, Spontaneous Muscle Release Therapy, Reflexology, Myofascial Release I and II, Unwinding, Thai Massage, Water Release Therapy, and Watsu.
- Bachelor of Science – Kansas State University
- 600 Hr Massage Program – Milwaukee School of Massage, WI
- Myofascial Release II – John Barnes Kansas City, KS
- Basalt Stone Massage – Body and Soul Massage Wichita, KS
- Reiki Master- Janna Akins Reiki Master
- Trigger Point Therapy – Bohler Institute Lake Havasu City, AZ
- Thai Massage – Nuat Thai Center Houston, TX
- Structural Integration – Total Health Works
- Watsu and Water Release Therapy II -Santa Barbara, CA
- Spontaneous Muscle Release Therapy – Wichita, KS
Caitlin McCormack - Instructor
Caitlin earned her massage degree from Body and Soul School of Massage in 2017 and has been a practicing massage therapist ever since. Caitlin’s experience as a teacher in various classroom settings, as well as her background in early education from Butler Community College makes her an excellent instructor at Body and Soul who understands the needs of the students. Her EMT certification and Sports Massage training give Caitlin the foundation needed to teach deep tissue massage.
- 500 Hour Professional Massage Diploma-Body and Soul School of Massage
- Ashiatsu-Body and Soul School of Massage
- Sports Massage- Body and Soul School of Massage
- EMT Program – Hutchinson Community College
- Police Science and Early Education – Butler Community College
- Professional Piloting – Wichita State University
- Chiropractic Seminar – Wichita, KS
Valentia Kluge – Instructor
Valentia earned her degree in Journalism at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS in 1981. In 2002, Valentia acquired her 500 hrs in Massage Therapy Training from Nels Massage School in Wichita, Ks. Val’s extensive training in the massage field and over 16 years of experience brings real hands-on knowledge to the classroom. Her love of horses took her to Equitouch Systems in Loveland, Co. to become certified in Equine Massage Therapy. Her enthusiasm in this field and her love of massage shines through in the classroom. Valentia currently works as an independent massage therapist.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Kansas
- 500 hour massage program – Nel’s Massage School in Wichita, KS
- Certified Equine Massage Therapist – Equitouch Systems in Loveland, Co
- Substitute Teacher – Maize School District
- Certified Accutonics –Wichita, KS
- 500 hour massage program – Body and Soul School of Massage in Wichita, KS